I pronounce myself a “proud farmer”……


The one place on the earth that holds the most beautiful dreams and memories for me is my farm house in western part of our country. It is a small farm made up of hilly rocky land with a valley and river haachu make its way below my farm house. I was born and raised here. Being raised up in a farm house I have experienced many cheerful activities.  As a kid I love lending hand to my parents.
 Life in a farm was always busy and occupied. It is here where I felt the true beauty of nature. How excited I would be to witness the new life (calves) coming into the world and taking its first breath. I enjoy looking after them till they are a week old. On the other side I would be weeping for the mother of one you couldn’t save as she calls to her offspring who will never answer. It is life in a farm where you could see the time flow; puppies grow into dogs, calves into cows, foals into horses and kitten into lovely cats.
Working with soil was so much fun. Right from my childhood I was able to make out the types of soil, fertilizers, and of course the tools used in farm. I enjoy watching the seed grow into a plant and later harvesting the product. I was exposed to farming ever since I was a kid. Being a farmer isn’t that easy... Life in a farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days. There is so much to be known. It is in a farm where we get to taste fresh products. I still remember my mom giving us a cup of fresh curd every evening. The fresh apple that my father used to sent me when I was in a high school; I would proudly share it with my buddies. I had been a healthy kid and I still am a healthy lady (LOL). It is all because of farm products that I had. I feel proud to be a daughter of a farmer. Farmers; they are the richest people.
My Farm House....
Today being an agriculturalist, I feel that in agriculture there is a great burden of responsibility. If I do not farm this land, who will? If I do not feed the people, who will? If I do not care for the living things, who will? If I do not improve the soil, air and water, who will?... it is not something a farmer can easily walk away from. What reason is there to go on doing this year after year? What can be gained? So much is sacrificed!!  Today I never regret for being an agriculturist. It is so much fun to be working back with soil and sustaining the nature. A soil is a priceless gift of nature and it is in soil where we can make our future. Maybe it is because that I am a snake and I love being in soil. I am a proud farmer!!!
At the end of the day “I am a farmer and I celebrate agriculture- everyday in every way”. Cheers to all farmers for feeding the people!!!
My Lovely kittens at my farmhouse...



Self at My Farmhouse In Haa...

Comments

  1. nic 1 again... me too rele feel proud of being one of farmer's children ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah kencho.....Feel proud of our parents...... I sincerely salute all the farmers for feeding the people....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey to vegetarianism

The Winter Sun

A Girl with a Purple Scarf